I love taking a classic meal and putting a healthy twist on it. The classic Cobb salad can have over 800 calories with over 40 grams of fat, but with a little tweaking you can slash those numbers in half and leave you with a guilt free meal.
Today, varieties of the classic Cobb salad are served in restaurants worldwide. It mainly contains iceberg lettuce, tomato, bacon, chicken breast, hard-boiled egg, avocado and Roquefort cheese. As more and more people are becoming calorie conscious, various varieties are prepared and presented as low calorie varieties. Try out TheFittChick version for a healthy dinner that will leave you eating more and weighing less!
TheFittChick Classic Cobb Salad
– 150 grams spinach, chopped small
– 3 oz. grilled chicken or shrimp
– 2 oz grape tomatoes, halved
– 1 strip turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 1 oz. fat-free feta cheese
– 3 pickled beets, chopped
– 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
– 50 grams avocado, chopped
– 1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
– Hidden Valley Ranch, Ranch dressing powder
1. Prepare all salad ingredients as described.
2. Make dressing by sprinkling in ranch dressing powder into Greek yogurt until your liking.
3. Top salad with ranch dressing.
~ To save calories, skip the ranch dressing and use balsamic dressing with a Tablespoon of Parmesan on top.
~ I love using a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Serving Size: Entire Recipe
435 Calories 20 grams Fat 16 grams Carbs 45 grams Protein
For more recipes created by TheFittChick, check out my eBooks HERE!