Healthy doughnuts do exist. October is here and that means pumpkin, sweet potato, and apple recipes all season long! These protein filled doughnuts are the perfect combination of pumpkin and spice. If you love pumpkin flavored treats, this recipe will hit the spot!
PUMPKIN PIE PROTEIN DOUGHNUTS!
– 1 organic egg
– 2 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
– 1/3 cup organic pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
– 1/3 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
– ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup old-fashioned oats, ground to flour or 1 cup oat flour
– 3 TBSP granulated sweetener (I like granulated Truvia or Swerve)
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– ¼ tsp nutmeg
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Once the batter is well combined, pour into a doughnut pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or greased with coconut oil.
3. Bake for 8 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar mixture of 1 tsp cinnamon and 3 TBSP Truvia.
This is one of my favorite treats for my entire family to enjoy! For more fall recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth, check out my fall recipe eBook HERE! And remember, if you try it, use the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny, #eatmoreweighless, and/or #thefittchick so I won’t miss it.
Eat More & Weight Less!