Winter mornings with dumping snow always make me cold! Actually, I’m freezing ALL THE TIME! I am actually sitting inside with a coat and boots on right now in front of a fireplace! With that being said, I am always creating new recipes that include protein, and on this cold day hot chocolate for breakfast sounds amazing!
This creation is such an easy way to sneak in some protein, and one that keeps me warm and satisfied! This is a recipe that just may become your new favorite go-to breakfast or afternoon snack until the sun starts shining! Let’s hope that happens soon!
Protein Peppermint Hot Chocolate
– 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
– ½ scoop Quest Chocolate Protein Powder
– 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1-2 drops of Sweetleaf Peppermint Mocha sweetener
Heat up the unsweetened almond milk until hot.
Blend all ingredients until you create a foamy top.
Top with whipping cream (or vanilla topper-recipe below) and chopped up peppermint candy.
* I like to use Diet Swiss Miss mixed with water as my hot base, and then combine the rest of the ingredients for a change up.
* To create a vanilla foam topper you can whisk ½ scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein powder, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 TBSP granulated Truvia or a few drops of sweetleaf sweetner, and a drop of vanilla extract over medium heat in a saucepan. Once heated, blend it quickly and pour on top of your already protein packed hot chocolate. Delish!
Drink Yourself Skinny!