Healthy doughnuts do exist. These baked pumpkin pie donuts are the way to go if you want a guilt-free treat. What could be better on a cool fall day then warm donuts? This low-calorie recipe is perfect for healthy kids, those looking to lose weight, or anyone who is looking for a moist, sweet, dessert that is full of protein!
Pumpkin Pie Protein Doughnuts
– 1 egg
– 2 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
– 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
– 1/3 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
– ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 cup old-fashioned oats, ground to flour or 1 cup oat flour
– 3 TBSP granulated sweetener (I like Truvia or Swerve)
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– ¼ tsp nutmeg
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Once the batter is combined, pour into a donut pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or greased with coconut oil.
3. Bake for 8 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar mixture of 1 tsp cinnamon and 3 TBSP Truvia.
This is a perfect recipe for your entire family to enjoy! For more fall recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth, check out my fall recipe eBooks HERE! And remember, if you try it, use the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny and #thefittchick so I can see.
Eat Yourself Skinny!