Egg Nog is the drink of the Christmas season, and one drink I absolutely can’t get enough of! Thank goodness I only have a few holiday parties this year! Just one cup of the real deal is usually 350 calories, 19 grams of fat, and 21 grams of sugar; so I created a FittChick alternative that will fill your craving and is crazy delicious! This is one protein shake I will be making all winter long! Happy Blending!
EGG NOG PROTEIN SHAKE
– 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
– ½ cup shaved ice (or to your liking)
– ½ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
– ½ cup egg nog flavored almond milk
– ½ banana (frozen works best)
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp Nutmeg
– 1 tsp Rum extract (optional)
– A few shakes of pumpkin pie spice
– Stevia to sweeten even more (optional)
– 1 Shake Xanthum gum for thickness
– 1 TBSP milled flaxseed
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp Truvia
Mix all shake ingredients in your blender until smooth. Remember the longer you blend xanthum gum the thicker it gets. I usually leave mine running around 5 minutes.
Pour into a cup.
Combine “topping” ingredients”
Sprinkle topping on your shake and devour every last drop!
Satisfying your sweet tooth can be the key to some of my clients seeing long term success. I NEVER want anyone to feel like they are being deprived or on a diet! TheFittChick plan is a lifestyle, and what I like to call #flexibledieting. This guilt-free recipe can be just the tool you need to make it through this holiday season without packing on any extra pounds! And for more holiday inspired recipes, click HERE!
Drink Yourself Skinny!