Yipee! Today is the first day of school, and we can finally get back into a routine. So what’s the best breakfast to feed kids to fuel their brain and body for the day? OATMEAL! Research shows that fueling your kids with slower-burning carbohydrates like oatmeal (bran cereal or whole-wheat bagels work too), instead of faster-burning breakfast foods like sugary cereals or granola bars helps them maintain their concentration and attention throughout the morning.
Sending your kids off to school with a healthy breakfast is something we all strive to do, but time can sometimes get the best of us. The best part about oatmeal for breakfast is that it’s quick! Plus, you can pack it to eat on-the-go if you are rushed for time. Check out this simple and delicious way to make oatmeal really fast!
TheFittChick Quick & Simple Oatmeal
-1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
-½ cup quick-cooking oats
-pinch of salt
-1 TBSP granulated sweetener of choice
-toppings (nuts, fruits, dried fruits, chocolate chips, syrups, honey, etc…)
- Bring one cup of water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in oatmeal and reduce the heat to medium; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Let kids cover in their favorite toppings!
- Watch them devour their breakfast.
Live Fitt!…Be Fitt!