Grapefruit is considered a fat-burning superfood that can kick-start your metabolism. Superfoods build bones, prevent chronic diseases, improve eyesight, and even keep your mind sharp. Here are 5 more benefits to adding grapefruit to your diet.
1. People who ate half of a grapefruit before each meal (without making any other dietary changes) shed an average of three and a half pounds over 12 weeks.
2. Eating half a grapefruit a day may block enzymes involved in fat and carbohydrate storage, and speed up the way our bodies burn fat, resulting in weight loss.
3. Grapefruit is loaded with fiber, keeping you full longer and reducing the likelihood of mindless snacking.
4. Starting your day with one grapefruit a day can lower “bad” LDL cholesterol levels by 15% and triglycerides by 27%.
5. Studies show that this magic fruit has compounds that reduce insulin levels. This means you can more efficiently use food for energy rather than storing it as fat.
Even if you changed nothing else about your diet, eating half a grapefruit before each meal may help you lose up to a pound a week!
What are you waiting for?
Eat Yourself Skinny