Who doesn’t want to start their day with a moist cake-like protein bar that tastes just like brownies? Valentines Day inspired me to get creative and make this delicious breakfast! Try this high protein, low-cal, kid friendly treat!
TheFittChick Red Velvet Protein Bars…
– 1 cup old fashioned oats
– 4 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
– ¼ cup Swerve or Truvia
– ¼ tsp sea salt
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 4 egg whites
– red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Then add food coloring to the mixture.
4. Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick baking spray and pour in batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
~vanilla protein powder works also. Then bars turn out more red!
Are you ready to EAT YOURSELF SKINNY?