If you are looking for ways to fulfill your New Year’s resolution or shed unwanted holiday pounds, this list is perfect for you! Here are 7 tasty foods that will help you stay satisfied and full while jump-starting your weight loss efforts.
1. Zucchini – Swap out high calories and carb-heavy pasta with zucchini noodles. Use a julienne peeler to peal zucchini into a plate full of noodles which can save you over 500 calories per meal when you use this slimming swap.
2. Salsa – With less than 20 calories per ¼ cup, salsa is a dieter’s best friend. Use it as a flavorful replacement for mayo, sour cream, butter, or hummus.
3. Cabbage – Bags of shredded cabbage mix make is easy to get in a pound of veggies in one sitting. Sauté a bag with seasoning and soy sauce for a great side dish for any lunch or dinner.
4. Brussels Sprouts – This veggie can help lower cholesterol, contain antioxidants and vitamins, help fight against cancer, and can aid in digestion and prevent overeating.
5. Low-fat Greek yogurt – Greek yogurt can have twice as much protein as regular yogurt which will help you feel full and leave you feeling satisfied.
6. Almonds – Nuts are high in fiber and protein, and they satiate you so you will never be hungry!
7. Grapefruit – A fruit that cubs hunger and protects your heart, you can’t get better then that.
Load up on these diet-friendly foods! Before you know it 2014 will be the year you get in the best shape of your life!
Live Fitt!…Be Fitt!