Adding flaxseed to my morning protein shake is my new favorite breakfast! I love something crunchy in the morning, and this has satisfied my love of cereal. I add 3 tablespoons of whole flaxseed to the top of my shake, break out my spoon, and chew away. Not only does it taste great and have a ton of health benefits, it is very filling which is my number one prerequisite for a FittChick approved meal!
Benefits of Flaxseed…
THE WORLD’S TINIEST HEALTH FOOD!
Flaxseed is commonly called the most powerful plant food on the planet. There is evidence it helps reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.
Check out these added health benefits of flaxseed, and 7 reasons to add them to your daily diet.
1. Helps Weight Loss…Flaxseed is important for helping you feel satiated and the fiber and protein take a lot of time for your digestive system to process, which makes you full for longer.
2. Improves sugar control…Flaxseed may help diabetics by improving blood sugar control.
3. Great Source of Fiber…Most Americans do not get enough fiber in their diet. Each TBSP of flaxseed contains about 8 grams of fiber. Fiber has an important role in digestion and weight control, and also helps to reduce constipation.
4. Contains Omega-3’s…Omega 3 fatty acids are considered good fasts. They are important to our health, but cannot be produced by our body. We must get them in our foods.
5. Contains lignans…Lignanas reduce the risk of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men.
6. Lowers blood pressure…Flaxseed helps heart healthy by lowering your blood pressure.
7. Lowers High Cholesterol…Flaxseed can lower your cholesterol which can reduce your chance of developing heart disease.
Live Fitt!…Be Fitt!
[…] that so many of my clients crave, but they taste absolutely amazing. I have talked before about how flaxseeds can help speed up your metabolism and help you lose […]
Comments are closed.